Custom-Showcase: Atlas Dunny by Kevin Gosselin

pic1

CLICK THRU for more images the ATLAS custom-Dunny by artist Kevin Gosselin, and read about how this custom-commission came about. "In Greek mythology, Atlas was a Titan, one of the race of gods who ruled before Zeus and the Olympians." [via] Atlas bore the weight of the world on his shoulders ~ and in this particular instance, is naught but a plaything in the palm of his hands! A grand custom indeed!


[7 x images in slideshow above / Full-screen viewing]

KEVIN GOSSELIN: So this was a commission for deep_powder2012, a member of the KR forums. He has been commissioning artists to create greek gods and has been looking for someone to figure out a way to do atlas. He asked me if I could take a stab at it and this is what I came up with. This piece took a long time to do. Because I'm now working in magic-sculpt for one-offs, I have to work very quick, however, I was unable to get the detail I wanted before the sculpt hardened. So in order to achieve the quality and likeness of a greek statue I had to do a lot of tooling after the sculpt dried. So much so that I now have a callus on my fingertip. Was quite the pain in the ass. However, it was also quite worth it as it was a great project to learn from. There's nothing like using the great greek sculpture as reference material.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK