Custom-Showcase: General Ruffles III - Custom-Jinny by Jam Factory

4888579225_f5183f2335_o

Sharp Salute To "GENERAL RUFFLES III" ~ a custom Jinny platform-figure by Gavin Strange aka Jam Factory, completed for fledgling UK toy company Bitbots' "The Bewitched Forest Series Zero Launch" on September 9th [event-blogged].

Gavin-mentions (on Flickr): "As I always tend to do with customs, I have a thing for pulling the head off and turning it upside down - I'm glad I did, as it made me think of a bird of prey, with it's beak poking out. I got out the milliput and sculpted a 'lip' around the bottom of the head, so it looked like a military helmet with the beak poking out as well as smoothing over the top where the hole was and voila, it was ready to sand down and paint.

Using a nice chrome for the helmet and a olive green for the body, all that was left was to try my hand at dry-brushing, giving the helmet and body a bit of a rusted feel! And voila, what you see above is the finished thing, I call him "General Ruffles III"."


[OG-Jinny shown-right]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK