Event: Eye Candy Solo Show by Brixpix @ Creative Native Gallery (Aug 28)

BRIX-PIX-EYE-CANDY-01

Gary Brickel aka Brixpix will be showcasing a series of custom designer toys in his own signature illustrative style for the solo show "EYE CANDY" at the Creative Native Gallery this coming August 28th (1pm-6pm). CLICK THRU for a selection of sneak-peek previews, along with the reason why this show has been "30 years in the making"

BRIX-PIX-EYE-CANDY-02

GARY BRICKEL: "Well people, it’s been about 30 years in the making. That’s how long it seems I have wanted a one man show. It’s not that I could not pull it off before. I was distracted. Life’s funny that way. You make goals and then new goals seem to mysteriously take their place. Not that I’m complaining. Having a happy family is way more important than any show. But now that my kids have found their own way in the world, I have had the time to conjure, create and now show my art."

BRIX-PIX-EYE-CANDY-03

GARY BRICKEL: "It is amazing how many pieces I have compiled in the last 4 years. When one realizes what makes them happy and pursues said interest, creative magic ensues. On August 28th, I will have my first one man show ever. Most artists have this at a much earlier age than 54. I am creating toys in a field dominated by young artisans, but that’s ok. Part of the appeal of toys is the idea of play and interactivity. This show means a lot to me. It gives me a chance to show what I can bring to this micro genre of art. Most people, I feel, don’t get my art. And that’s ok too."

BRIX-PIX-EYE-CANDY-04

GARY BRICKEL: "But those that take the time to breath in the details and the respect I give my toys, will appreciate it as time well served. Tiny dots and many many lines make up my art. They come together to tell a joyous story. Or a nonsensical one. Only you can decide whether Brixpix Eye Candy is your flavor or not. You’ll never know unless you taste it with your own eyes."

[All Text above via Brixpix]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK