About That I Eat Toys Flickr-Group

Today I present an example of an "internet social experiment" I had concocted yolks ago, that has since failed, and fallen flat on it's web-face. In the early balmy hours of September 2nd, a scant 4 years ago in 2007, there came unto the internet-realms: "I EAT TOYS"…
I-EAT-TOYS-1

I had started a flickr-group (and woe-begotten Facebook group and even a blog!) simply titled I EAT TOYS. The simple premise was for folks to take a bite of their toys, take a snap of that happening, and add it to the group.

Truth be told, I had started that both as an excuse for personal "cam-whoring" (a term and act that has since been accepted as a sustained and forgiven factual-activity, in the facebook-age), as well as a chance to promote a/the toy that was being "bitten/eaten". To put it simply, it was a chance to snap and promote a toy, with the (original) designer (and even collector) in the same shot, without it looking like an obvious promo-image (for the toy). I reckon folks might have thought I was barking mad promoting toy-cannibalism, innit? Or maybe I was not promoting it as hard, innai? ~ Heh.

I-EAT-TOYS-2

But alas, this seeming state of frivolity was lost on most folks (except for the awesome-cool ones who participated!_. Or maybe people didn't like to show their gums or teeth in this exercise. And so either of the online venues languished in obscurity for a while. A pity, really. Now comes the time to consider removing the group (although I truly hate that) or at least give it a final chance of inernet-breath, before I lock the keys (FYI: The group is still currently being moderated, with tons of folks abusing the function with the inclusion of a myriad of unrelated images) and concentrate on other activities that actually continue to enrich my cyber-life. Nothing is really as sad as an unused image-group, i insist. Do You Like To Eat Toys?
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK