Custom-Feature: [bang bang] Baby custom Ugly Doll by Daniel Yu


TOYSREVIL first posted about Daniel Yu's sculpt here in February - and now we have final snaps, along with a "name"; [bang bang] Baby!

Standing 3.5 inches tall, [bang bang] Baby is made from a Ugly Doll vinyl figure utilizing epoxy putty & acrylic paints. Am loving his "finger-gun"! And as well we have a write-up of Daniel to share - and after covering the artist for a while on this blog, I am esthetic folks can get to know more about him!


[13 x images in slideshow above / Full-screen viewing]
WHO
Name: Daniel Yu aka dory
Artist Bio: I like to create things. I find that there is a certain gratification in creating something entirely from your own hands. A large portion of my work revolves around the basis of identity and the concept of nostalgia, which is why most of my pieces use toys as a medium of expression. I have always had an affinity with my childhood playthings. Now, as a grown up, I am even more intrigued by the levels of commentary that these inanimate objects can have, both on a social as well as an individualistic level. My characters offer a means of escapism from the real world, and at the same time, they are grounded and shaped by my own personal experiences.
WHAT
Mostly sculptural in nature, my works usually incorporate the platform of an existing toy or figure, although I am currently looking into creating original sculpts as well. I use epoxy clay (a two part air-drying compound) as my sculpting medium, and paint using acrylics. Attached in this email is a portfolio of my recent works for your viewing consideration.
WHERE: Blog / Flickr
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK