About That Axtrx Cartoon That Was Never Made

With this single tweet; "Images from my never made Axtrx cartoon by Dan Berger Sent from my not so secret location." ~I knew I had to bug Atta Boy about WHAT that "Axtrx cartoon" that was never made, and with the answers, got myself an education (a "history" lesson, no less!). Read-ON!

axtrx-qwezshun

ATTA BOY: Many years ago, like 2002!  it seemed as if the whole world wanted some of my special sauce. Special sauce, as you know, when spread too thin, can become unspecial, it turns into regular sauce! Anyways, I digress...


ATTA BOY: Back then I started to get approached by companies to do animation pitches, just like everyone else! I eventually DID do an animated piece years later with Disney with a wonderful group of people [TOYSREVIL blogged about it too!] - but before then, before i knew what the hell I was doing, there was talk from other companies to do a cartoon based on my then popular Axtrx figure.

axtrx-cartoon-01

WHO-IS: Axtrx and the rest of the Nub Nub is an entire world based on punctuation marks and the idea that they have spirits and feelings too! She is sister to Qweszhun and travels with him in a happy cartoon world turned upside down. Her pet is Coma, a maggot with dog-like behaviors. Axtrx loves butter and will sing, dance and beg for it. Her brother Qweszhun is a boy monster who looks like a little chubby green demon. Qweszhun despite his best efforts, is pure chaos and creates it in wherever he goes.

axtrx-cartoon-03 axtrx-merch

ATTA BOY: I like working with others, especially when they kick ass and they can loosen my mental stool up a bit. Anyways, here's a few drawings i just found by the great Dan Berger, who was the artist for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Comic Strip for many years. He did some drawinsg of Axtrx that are pretty awesome and different. Dan is a wonderful person and was great to work with. As is Andy Ristaino, Ghostbot, Josh Ellingson, and others that I bug from time to time with my ridiculous ideas. It's fun to see what other artists do with your characters when you hire them to go nuts!

axtrx-cartoon-02
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK