Best Kracka - Mr Joey Krack by JC Rivera for Munnyworld Megacontest

From the recently announced winners of the Munnyworld Megacontest, Chicago-based JC Rivera's custom "Mr Joey Krack" won BEST KRACKA. Judge's comment was: "Love the tonal quality of this so well realised with a wonderful vintage animation feel, very subtle but really bold and so well painted. A really great unique character with his own character and persona just shines through."

TOYSTREVIL bugged JC for a lil'Q&A just as he had gotten back from a jet-lagged overseas-trip!

JCRIVERA-mrkracka-01

TOYSREVIL: How did the concept for "Mr. Joey Krack" come about?

JC RIVERA: I was totally inspired by the shape of the figure. I wanted Mr. Joey Krack to look like a sad little dragon but instead of breathing fire he is smoking and keeping the consistent look of my other characters.  I immediately liked the name Mr. Krack which made me think of the rapper Fat Joe who refers to himself as Joe Crack at times and the character did look like a Joey, and that's where the name came from.   The paint job was completely improvised and I had a lot of fun with it.

JCRIVERA-mrkracka-03
JCRIVERA-mrkracka-04

TOYSREVIL: You've been very expressive with your custom's facials and reactions, and this is no difference> Why choose the Kracka form? (or did Kracka choose you? LOL)

JC RIVERA: I chose Kracka! I felt that the Kracka platform was going to challenge me to create something with a lot of character. When I'm creating a character I always start drawing or sculpting the eyes first and then use the eyes as my main focus.  The eyes give a lot of emotions, I always try to read peoples eyes.  Lately my characters have their silly tongue out to show everyone that they are not sad all the time! :)

JCRIVERA-mrkracka-02

TOYSREVIL: What is your reaction/impression to the win?

JC RIVERA: I was stunned! Extremely excited!!!! I posted my entries early into the contest so it was a tough month looking everyday to see new posts and thinking oh that's clever! or man I love that one! Their were a lot of really good submissions. It's a really good feeling to be selected. Thanks again!!!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK