Best Video Game/Anime Character Munny Custom by Erwin TheMongar for Munnyworld Megacontest

madmario13

The Mario video-game themed Munny-custom by Erwin Cahyono aka Erwin TheMongar of Mongartoys won him the top placing in the BEST VIDEO GAME / ANIME CHARACTER category in the recently announced Munnyworld Megacontest! And instead of re-posting all the images I had featured earlier HERE, we have some conceptual sketches to share here of the character before customization, exclusively for TOYSREVIL!

mad-mario-sketch1 mad-mario-sketch5

I asked for Erwin's personal impression of finding out his win, to which he answered: "...I fell very excited, this is my first Munnyworld Megacontest...and i just won the first place!!! Like a dream come true :) and sweet morning surprise!

There's a lot of great talents and amazing customs in the contest, and the judges choose "Mad Mario" for this category, and Im very honored. Im very grateful for this lovely year. Im nominated as Best Breakthrought Artist, my Toasterboys got nominated in Best Self Produced Toys, Best DIY Platform in DTA, and won first place in Best Video Games/ Anime Character for Munnyworld Megacontest!

This gets more and more exciting! And the sweetness things is, my passion for art got internationally respected.
"


mad-mario-sketch4 mad-mario-sketch2

Munnyworld Judges' Comments: Well, I have to admit that my choice here is a little skewed, because I haven't played a video game with any seriousness since we used to stay up till 3AM eating Top Dogs and playing Q-Bert at Silverball Gardens on Durant in Berkeley. And that was a hell of a long time ago. Tristan tried to get me interested in Grand Theft Auto when it first came out, but I decided that if I want to jack a car, I might as well just steal the real thing.

mad-mario-sketch6

TOYSREVIL: Do you think Indonesia artists/designers are comparable to overseas /western designers?

ERWIN THEMONGAR: "I think Indonesia artists /designers are comparable with western artists/designers. Indonesia is full of great and talented artists and designers. But in Indonesia the opportunity for art and design, is not as big as in the West.

And the diversity of culture and ethnicity in Indonesia is the plus point for artists and designers in Indonesia. Enriched the concept, style , skills,  of the art and design pattern in Indonesia.  Like my self,  born and raised in Bali and start the art at an early age. Enjoyed Wayang (traditional Balinese puppet show) and loved the Balinese art. And this give me big influence in my art and design.

I love art and design and love doing it.

Rock on!
Erwin theMongar
"


madmario8
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK