Custom-Feature: Next Wave of Joes by Justin Volpe of POP Prolific

POP-PROLIFIC-DESTRO-01

Justin Volpe of POP Prolific presents a trio of custom 1/6-figures he's done and put up for sale. Featuring two "villains" and one of the "good guys" from G.I.Joe. Look for the figures to be on www.shoplabel111.com in time. Menawhile, I'll let Justin himself explain what the custom-figures are about!

POP-PROLIFIC-DESTRO-02

DESTRO ...what more can be said. He's designed to bring together elements of the original 3 3/4 scale figure, the packaging artwork and the animated version. This figure stands 13" tall and is essentially the same figure as the one that was available at our Cobra-lalilulelo show in the Destro / Baroness 2-pack. This one is available singly and features different boots and gun.

POP-PROLIFIC-BUZZ

Continuing the Dreadnoks series of customs is "Buzzer". I really agonized over the details for this one. I wanted to take all the aspects that make the vintage figure what it is..... and translate them as direct as possible in 1/6 scale. The metals, accessories, and other accouterments needed to be in place, in order for the piece to look like the vintage character, but it needs to work together harmoniously.

The Saw especially needed to look like the vintage piece, but realistic. The portion behind the blade for example, is fatter and little more substantial than the original 3 3/4 scale figure's accessory. I wanted it to appear to have a motor behind the blade, as well as a place to pour in gas (since he comes with a Gas Can). There's also a little pull cord handle on the right side of the weapon in the same area. It just felt right to me to have all of these details since the original saw was so flat and small. The original figure also came with a bizarre Chain Whip accessory with a curved blade at the end. I had no idea about this until I started researching the character, but of course I had to include.

POP-PROLIFIC-DOC-BUZZ

The first actual "Good Guy" G.I. Joe custom I've made available for sale: "WW2 Doc"….. to be more specific Samuel L. Jackson as Doc, decked out in a WWII themed outfit. This is the second figure in the WWII series. The first was Shredder / Krang set from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. The primary focus of this series is to re-imagine some of my favorite characters from the '80's through the prism of WWII. For some reason or other, I always imagined Sam Jackson in my version of G.I. Joe.... just seemed like a "no-brainer".

POP-PROLIFIC-DOC

The most important accessories for the vintage figure was a Helmet, "bazooka-like" flare gun, and a stretcher with pockets and gear. This WWII version features all of those elements but in a retro style! His WWII era stretcher is expandable.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK