Most Memorable SDCC-Moment from Gary Ham

TOYSREVIL: What was the single most memorable moment for you at SDCC?

GARY HAM: "I think the most memorable moment for me was the night of the DTA's. It was bitter sweet.

First the bitter : The location it was held in was packed to capacity and the bouncers were not letting people in until others left. I recall seeing many friends and nominees waiting in line to be part of the event. Being a nominee had its advantages though as I was waived ahead and let in, but sadly the bouncer prevented my fiance from entering the event. This was a very odd moment for me having to make that decision, but the great person she is encouraged me to proceed without her.

Now the sweet: Winning the Toy King award was a wonderful surprise. You should have heard the roar of the crowd when the other nominees in the category were mentioned!  And the winner is...! My mind just went blank and next thing I knew,  I was on stage. I flubbed at the mike (not unusual for me) and thankfully no one heard a word I said anyways due to me not speaking into the mike. SHWEW!  lol  I wish my fiance was there to share the moment with me as I feel a large part of it came from her support. Partners of artists all deserve an award don't ya think? For a first time event I think the DTA's went well and any kinks will get ironed out. Thanks to Clutter for putting it together and Munky King for hosting the event. And let's not forget Pete Fowler and Pretty in Plastic for the amazing job on the award. It's not little at all, it's huge! "That's what she said".



US-artist Gary Ham won for Best Self Produced with his Hermees vinyl! Congrats, buddy!

LINKABLES:
- Gary Ham featured on TOYSREVIL
- Gary Ham Interviewed HERE
- Gary Ham @ Superham.com
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK