Toy-Review: Bionic Bjoern from Deep Fried Figures

BIONIC-BJORN-REVIEW-01

The "Bionic Bjoern" from Deep Fried Figures is "limited" to 50 pieces (as stated in the promos). A fully-painted resin figure, this 7 inch warrior comes with a removable base, and is an true delight, priced at 65 EUROS (including S+H ). Based on the design of Hauke Sheer, the figure comes with it's own "backstory", and I have to state up front, that I had not expected a figure of this standard until I had it in hand and assembled it myself. Let's start with the backstory:

"In 2065 a weapons company started to create cyborg soldier clones based on DNA of an ancient Viking berserker warrior. Called "Bionic Bjoerns" by the public these warriors soon became military products of its time".

The box that holds the figure is straight-up with printed cover and numbering stated on the box. The box itself is nothing to shout about and something that you could junk without feeling any semblance of sentimentality, and that is the good thing, because what it holds within is the true highlight of this figure.

BIONIC-BJORN-REVIEW-02

Likened to a detailed statue, the figure bucks that label with slight articulation in it's gaitling-gun arm (which comes separate in the box and needs to be assembled as easily without fuss and as well retains it's grip at the shoulder-socket.

Make no mistake, this is an extreme detailed product of it's size. The grooves are pretty clean and the paint-app utilitarian, with the slight exception of the figure's "human body" aspect. Fans of customization could have a field day with the armor and treating it, IMHO. As well, it can be displayed straight-up standing on it's base.

Which brings me to one aspect of the figure which I loved the most = It's Feet! Loving that it's more mecha-animal-like rather than chunky spaceman or rogue-warrior, the leg-module 'makes' the figure-design for me LOL

BIONIC-BJORN-REVIEW-04

And while admittedly I struggled with the labeling the toys' "genre" and category it should be slotted into, in reality it needs neither and can stand on it's own, in a realm that could be more media-based and reminds me loads of European aesthetics in the realm of Heavy Metal comics. Upon first look the design lends it's adaptation into video games or even a stop-motion feature. And you know what, check out these videos I found afters:



BIONIC-BJORN-REVIEW-05
BIONIC-BJORN-REVIEW-06

Gratuitous images of the figure posted here, as mere words from me might not do it justice enough. I would love to see further developments of this figure, so that i will not just be a stand-alone creation, and actually have a series of releases or scenarios that further provides depth to the figure's existence - but that's just me.

And while I would not say this is a swell price for a collectible (when in fact it is, considering the price includes shipping lol), this figure by itself is a literal "collectible" more for it's details and specific aesthetics and not necessarily of the traditional "art toy" persuasion, and that is alright by me.

BIONIC-BJORN-REVIEW-03

One final aspect of this figure I would like to regale on, is the gaitling-gun attachment. By gawks this is an extremely detailed piece of work! A sheer awesome addition to the figure, this alone had me gushing, and is one exceptional aspect of this release, IMHO. If you like this particular theme and genre, this is a figure worth to be standing in your display.

BIONIC-BJORN-REVIEW-07

Do check with the owners at www.scheer-imagination.com before you commit your purchase tho. THis figure has been with me for a good few months now, and I am uncertain if this is still on the market.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK