Book Review: Transmetropolitan Art Book: All Around The World

TRANSMET-BOOK-01

While not exactly the "Must Buy" of the decade, it is a swell blast-from-the-past this collection of pin-up art (and a smattering of writing) could suitably provide, along with forwards written by Warren Ellis and the series' artist Darick Robertson - the TRANSMETROPOLITAN Art Book makes a decent addition to your Helix+Vertigo-imprint comicbook collection. Outside of the fans of the seminal-book? Folks might gawk at the artwork but not necessarily fall head-over-heels in love with it, IMHO. I tried to, I really did, but alas I had failed in my task, and I hold before me a mish-mash collection (hence the term "art book") of imagery ranging from indie art-starlets to costly (which I am sure only Spider Jerusalem himself would garner a snicker at) clasped between a hardcover. Kudos for having it published tho (least I sound more like the ungrateful wretch that I not doubt sound like now).

TRANSMET-BOOK-03

The price for the book was US$50 (which was donated to CBLDF aka "Comic Book Legal Defense Fund") and the shipping costs came up to an additional US$50.25 to Singapore. It seemed to be a fine expenditure when I first clicked on the online purchase button tho… Regardless of my own personal tastes and expectations, here are a smattering of cropped imagery to tantalize but not reveal anything beyond the previews. Grab it if you can get it at a better price (and be able to donate to the cause while you're at it), but not the shipping overseas, which made it less than splendid, in my humble bookcase.

TRANSMET-BOOK-02

Find out more about the book's origins and contributors here and here. And order the book online via http://cbldf.myshopify.com.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK