Rich Page for Zombie Pageant 2011

Today we have a Q&A with Rich Page - one of our Contest Judges and Prize Sponsors for ZOMBIE PAGEANT - and we find out more about him and impressions of "Zombies"!

TOYSREVIL: What do you think is a "zombie"?

RICH PAGE: A zombie to me is the classic undead no brainier that only exists to walk, drag, stumble around the scorched post apocalyptic earth to eat the flesh of any survivors – a bit like me on a Sunday morning.

TOYSREVIL: Who is your favorite zombie? Or depiction of a zombie? And why?

RICH PAGE: That’s a hard one I think I’d have to say the one ‘Zombie’ like character that switched me on to the undead at an early age was the Creeper from Scooby Doo, loved that show. Brining it up to date I’d have to say all the undead buggers in Zombieland.


TOYSREVIL: Tell us about yourself. What you do, are going to do for the future?

RICH PAGE: Me? What’s to tell – I’ve been scribbling ever since I was little and could always be found copying images from a comic book. As got older the Graffiti scene exploded and I got me some of that. My day job has always been in graphic design and photography so I’ve always had an outlet for scribbles.

Drawing had taken a back seat until a couple of years ago I got my pens out and tried to doodle something everyday. Chatting online to loads of other artists has helped keep me moving forward. I’d always loved toys (still got all my stash from when I was funsized) so was really happy to see the toy scene flourish. This made me want to try my hand at sculpting. My first little resin casts came in the shape off Jasper the unfriendly ghost, which sold out:

jasper_umetoys_01 jasper_umetoys_02
jasper_umetoys_03

RICH PAGE: I’d have never got him off the ground without the help of Eric from Argonauts Resins and Okkle who answered my many emails about casting etc (Cheers guys) – that’s the great thing about the internet and the toy/art community people really do help and share information and
advice.

As it stands today I’m about to loose my day job so I’m really looking to push more time into my art which up until now I’ve always fitted around my family and work life. Next up is NYCC (another huge thanks to Eric) with the BigKevsGeek crew, then Thought Bubble Leeds UK 19029 Nov. And carrying on learning and producing art and sculpts/resins.

For more info hit www.richpage.net to find links to all my junk.

TOYSREVIL: If you were a zombie, which human part would be yummy for you?

RICH PAGE: I’d say it would have to be the nose, because even if you survived the attack you’d never wear your glasses again ;-)

[Shown here is a self-portrait of Rich Page]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK