Appleseed & Me / 4 Days Countdown To My Fave Anime Contest Dateline

my-fave-anime-4days

My earliest impression of "Briareos Hecatonchires" was in the Appleseed comicbooks from Eclipse Comics in the late-80s - the era where Viz Communications published as well Area 88, Mai the Psychic Girl, and The Legend of Kamui. They had been earlier made available as translated Chinese manhua digest, but my Mandarin sucked, so with the English translations, they had me enthralled for quite sometime.

Translated from the Japanese manga, the artwork of Masamune Shirow was the stuff of legends, and I collected the comics for a short while, until I felt the words somehow did not gel with the imagery (no offense to the translators, of course). The concept of a cyborg with enhanced abilities, and part of a militarisque-law enforcement squad, appealed to me greatly.

Years later, I would witness the first feature length movie and not be too impressed, while the subsequent EX MACHINA had my mouth agawk and mind open to the notion of plausible CG (it was not that great visually, I must admit). Then Hot Toys and Takara released their toys (of Deunan Knute) and HT's Briareos has since been one of my toy-grails to be had.

Counting down 4 Days till the submission dateline for MY FAVE ANIME Contest [Read Details HERE] on November 30th @ 12 NOON (+8 GMT / Singapore-time). Have you submitted yours yet? = toysreviler [at] gmail.com
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK