11 PIXS for 2011: J*RYU

JRYU-11PIX-01
"Looking back, 2011 was a year of continuing to explore existing themes in my work as well as venturing outside of my comfort zone, technically and artistically. While many of the pieces that I created were part of my Forest of Sorrows body of work, there were some that went in a vastly different direction and in doing so, pushed me to work harder in order to attain the level of quality that I try to strive for, since I couldn't rely on techniques, materials and motifs that I am familiar and comfortable with.

In doing so, it helped me expand my thinking and the possibilities one can take when approaching a project, thus resulting in some work that was well-received, despite how much of a departure they were from my previous pieces. I hope that my art this past year did its little part in helping to expand the notion of where an artist might be able to take their work, and to encourage others to try both new things and continually refine existing ideas."
JRYU-11PIX-02
"What's next for 2012? Hopefully more lessons learned, strong ideas and the continuation of honing my technique, tools and mediums. I appreciate all of the curators, galleries and people that have given me the opportunities to show my work, my friends and fellow artists that constantly encourage me and give me advice, and the people that have purchased and supported me in my endeavors. I look forward to doing it all again this year."
You are encouraged to view the custom-works of the toy-customizer with a star in this nick, and the current reigning King of the Boards; J*RYU - montaged above - in full HERE on Facebook - done for the current 11 PIXS for 2011 project on TOYSREVIL. Do feel free to gawk-n-go-awe, heck, I do so constantly!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK