The Chinese New Year Adventures of Walter The Water Dragon

WALTER

Seems 2012 is the year of the "Water Dragon" (yes, to make it even more complicated, us Chinese had to divine a "Water" Element into the Zodiac-fantasy creature). And it is even more ironic, given the current semi-torrential downpour in Singapore, the night of new year's eve, no less - happens to make Walter's "existence" pretty apt for this year! And as all auspicious folks will say, comes the Water Dragon visiting well wishers with it's wealth (to me it only means water flooding your businesses everywhere).

IMG_6216 IMG_6218

Nevertheless, managed to score this nameless half-dragon-half-merlion-isque chibi character from one of the local shops I'm taking the tail as a "fish" tail raher than a dragon-tail, thanks ;p), and I wonder who actually designs and comes up with these nuggets of character design? I have decided to name him "Walter The Water Dragon" (I slept on the name, and it worked for me ;p) and you can see more images of Walter on my Facebook-album :)

And may you flow with the times, the adversity, the triumphs, and cruise into an exciting and enriching New Year in 2012!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK