The Year-End TOYSREVIL 2011 Annual Report (Sort Of)

2011 was a tough year, at the very least for me. A year spent in recovery from Stroke. A year attempting to get back into the blogging-groove of yesterdays and beyond, and hopefully surpassing my own expectations. A year proving to myself that I am more than the sum of a life-altering condition that had me paralyzed on the right-side of my body and had forever changed my life since. I had a lot to prove to myself, truth be told.

As with most years, the early half of 2011 was a blur, with things ramping up when an award won with the generous votes of the reading public in the first annual Designer Toy Awards. Then when the pleasantries died down, the span of silence was deafening, while work continues forth on this humble blog.

TOYSREVIL_TROPHY_STROKE

Friends and folks have been kind and generous with their toys and time. A last moment silent auction was completed with the folks that rallied behind it, and I had gained from the experience the self-serving accomplishment of going beyond myself and my lot in life, and be able to contribute funds to a local Stroke Association.

TOYSREVIL_SKETCHES-01 TOYSREVIL_SKETCHES-02

Personally, I did a lot of sketching, bought a whole lot of toys (no worries, they are spent separately from funds donated to me for Stroke) and generally tried to treat myself 'well' for a change. And am extremely grateful folks have been supportive of my shenanigans and schemes :)

'Work' wise, TOYSREVIL got on trading cards (two images, no less!), hosted a talk with Andrew Bell at STGCC, helmed a table at the annual AFA, and managed to hold it's first event with the One Night with Army of Snipers at FLABSLAB, wrapping up a robust year-end, indeed. Not to mention the awesome folks I have met and re-connected thru the year which I would not have had the chance to meet, if not for my blog.

TOYSREVIL_HAPPENINGS

2011 was also a year which also saw me ended up being warded in the hospital again, an unnecessary drama complication I could really do without (thank the gods it was 'pneumonia' and not 'tuberculosis'). The side effects of anti-biotics did their job and I spent the last few days of 2011 in doubt and anguish. "Drama" indeed. WORK mixed with LIFE, as it should be nevertheless.

It has been a tiring year.

But the year is since "over", and time to move forth. Always move forth.

Funnily, 2011 saw me up and about in the world, moreso than I have been in the past few years blogging behind my computer-screen (with the exception of being in Thailand and Jakarta in 2010, before I fell to Stroke), and 2012 looks set with plans for possibly more Contests, exclusive toy-releases, more 'toys' from past and present, and some "surprises" gently shuffled in the mix.  Nothing earth-shattering or drama-fueled gimmicks, and while I can hardly play with the 'healthy boys' right now (given my condition), I aim to have fun and hope that you will too.

TOYSREVIL_BEATUPBOXER TOYSREVIL_OLEE

Someone shared with me the "secret" to writing a successful blog: to blog about "others" rather than blog about "myself". But seems I am only wired currently to regale on about what I know and what I own - as that is the only context that is direct and I am familiar with, and seems that is the direction I will be sticking with for now.

I blog about myself because that's my life I lead. I blog about the toys I own, because that's what I see and hold in my hands. Nothing ever ambiguous about that, isn't it?

I might not be working on top human speeds, but I will get where I want to be in my own time and pace, and I appreciate your collective patience, and hope you folks will be along with me for the ride :)

Thank you all for the support this year. And a sincere 'thank you' to my blog-sponsors for their support and faith in this blog. May everyone's New Year be filled with wealth and health, and fueled with utter-TOYness!

Cheers
Andy
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK