About Jeremy Dale's Sketchaday


Jeremy Dale aka Valleydweller has been digitally sketching up sumthin' fierce and sharing his work on video! Check out his youtube channel to see more!

TOYSREVIL: So how did Sketchaday come about, Jeremy?

JEREMY DALE: Well, for starters, I'm currently unemployed, and it's something for me to work on. (as if I'm not way behind on finishing up commissions).

There's also a lot of other people doing one-a-day drawings, so there's a bit of bandwagon-jumping, I guess. Doing one on Saturday and Sunday were the hardest.

I've been collecting them here so far (on conceptart.org) as well as the videos being on youtube, and the ones that I'm OK with, I post to flickr.

frb7_sofox_640

TOYSREVIL: What will come out of these sketches? Hopw long do you take to do them? And what program do you use in the videos?

JEREMY DALE: Mostly they're just ideas. Nothing very final, and average maybe 1-2hrs.

I'm using Open Canvas from portalgraphics.net. I like the way it works, and the playback feature's really fun. If you download a trial copy, you can play back the files in realtime on your machine. The youtube stuff is way low-rez and low framerate compared to the in-app playback.


To Note: Jeremy's recent illustrations for the board game Zombie Dash has been published and available to purchase via ThinkGeek.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK