Custom-Feature + Q&A: 'Party 'til you puke 1989' from PocketWookie

Peter Morris aka PocketWookie does a custom (for his pal Ben Cox) named "Party 'til you puke 1989" - featuring a B-Side form from Squid Kids Ink - and with it a song-list! As well he mentions that this is the first of 12 customs from him this year, so color me intrigued ~ Here's my lil WQ&A with him!

Party 'til you puke 1989

TOYSREVIL: You mentioned "This is custom 1 of 12 this year." = will the rest of the 11 be cassette tapes-based as well? Or other forms?

POCKETWOOKIE: I'm so busy with work, I just haven't been able to work on as many customs as I have in the past, so I've narrowed it down to average one a month. People have me do work for them and I get slammed with a project at work that eats a lot of free time and I have to keep the art waiting. And that's not fair to the people that love my work. So I've set this limit to keep my time more manageable and keep the work flowing at a regular pace.

This is the first project for 2012. I've already got 3 more requests in place, so I'm quickly running out of spots.

Party 'til you puke 1989 Party 'til you puke 1989

TOYSREVIL: How was 1989 to you? And tell us more about the build!

POCKETWOOKIE: The idea was based on making something to represent a mix tape that was probably passed around from me or my friends. A lot of hair metal stuff. 1989 was Kind of the last of the era, because Nirvana and grunge put some of these guys out of business pretty quickly.

And the vinyl toy is called a B-Side. I was really impressed with the quality of the form. Cool shape with just enough character.

Oh, and the beer cans are branded with my pocketwookie beer logo. Wonder where that came from...

SIDE A (Click here for youtubed song-list!)
Epic - Faith no more
Gimme Your Good Lovin - Diving for Pearls
Once Bitten, Twice Shy - Great White
Enuff Z'Nuff - Fly High Michelle
Don't Close Your Eyes - Kix
Higher Ground - Red Hot Chili Peppers
Wait for You - Bonham

SIDE B (Click here for youtubed song-list!)
Still in Love - Stage Dolls
Sold Me Down the River - The Alarm
Cult of Personality - Living Colour
Sleeping my Day Away - DAD
Innocent Days - Giant
For the Love of Money - Bulletboys
Paradise City - Guns N' Roses
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK