New Animated XMEN by Patricio Oliver

I have to admit, the run by Grant Morrison on The Uncanny X-Men left me pretty cold for the source material (although I did buy and follow the series then lol), and as well that era saw a proliferation of mutants with powers across most of the X-Books, which to me felt too heavy a notion of "milking the mutant-cash-cow". Nevertheless, there seemed to be quite a handful of memorable characters that came out of that time, and folks seemed to love them.

New X-men ANimated

We conclude our 4-part Serial Feature on the artwork of Patricio Oliver, with a look at his work and connection with the New Animated X-Men series. Check out the Q&A below, and as well THIS FB-album! (And if you want to check out my Q&A-feature showcasing Guardians of the Galaxy, Saint Seiya and New Mutants, do feel free to click on the links!)

XMEN_PO_01

TOYSREVIL: You seem to have an infinity with the mutant powered students of the Xavier Institute! How are the characters to you? How did this series come about?

PATRICIO OLIVER: I love students from the Massachusetts Academy or any of its previous incarnations. These particular set of characters really have a huge place in my heart. They been through so much in the past and many of them were murdered after House of M. They share the same spirit of diversity and and teen age angst that the NM had and its pretty awesome to practice my illustration skills with them (I always have a more practical reason to do this tributes, they are the best way I could find to improve or test some new things).

XMEN_PO_02

TOYSREVIL: Who is your fav X-men? And who is your fav in your series of re-designs?

PATRICIO OLIVER: My fav New Xmen are the ones from the new Wolverine and the Xmen series but from this illustrations in terms of character I love DUST, Hellion, Anole Blind Fold and X23.

XMEN_PO_03

Whom are YOUR faves in PO's illustrations, folks? :)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK