Toy-Review: Truffle by Tokidoki

truffles-csc

TRUFFLE by Tokidoki is pretty darn adorable, even tho he does not possess much articulation, or looks too 'smart', or looks too "blur" (in local Singlish) and his wide-eyes suggests more of a 'fear' than of cheery-wonderment, and I like it like that. I like me wittle critters a tad fearful of it's environment, even tho they might grow spikes on their body to reply an invading notions. The sunny yellow suit is the prime cherry on top of a sweet toy figurine to be had. Simone Legno has my kudos.

TRUFFLE-02 TRUFFLE-01
TRUFFLE-04
TRUFFLE-03

Housed in a window-display box, I really appreciate the text oriented on them, describing the story and character, and as well help the buyers "understand"more about the character they are investing their time, money and imagination in, IMHO. A lot of times art toy-makers choose not to cater to the choir. but sometimes it is also about educating the naysayers and the fringe-collectors, and egging them on to take that final leap … but that's just me …

Regardless, the addition of Simone's artwork heightens the "story" and allure of the figure's esthetics too, I reckon. And even the inside of the boxs printed in lighter colors, which works well with the window-box treatment here, IMHO. NICE.

TRUFFLE-05
TRUFFLE-06

The 3 1/2" tall Truffle Vinyl Toy premiered at New York Toy Fair earlier in the year - I am not going to quibble about 'articulation' - as essentially there is only one swivel point at the neck (so really, there's nothing much to quibble about, really lol), but I would have to say I absolutely love the shape and form of Truffle. And the quality on this piece is poretty darn immaculate too! Versus my previous horrendous QC-experience with the Unicornos, this (and Porcino) is top notch in my toy-book!

And it is because of this, I am looking forward to somehow scoring a Cactus Rocker if I have the chance!

I can't believe I am gushing about this wee bunny-character in yellow! But at a SRP of US$9.95, I really can't expect much LOL - But perhaps sometimes a simple but strong design 'works', and in the end, I really like him, and I hope you do too. The pics here are also uploaded HERE on my FB-album.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK