TOYSREVIL's Top-Ten SDCC 2012 Toy-Wish-List

My personal collecting habits have altered quite a bit for the past couple of years. And while I was greedy enough to want EVERYTHING pre-Stroke, after Stroke, the sense of "space" suddenly became heightened, and ironically I now have a small but decent space to display some toys, when "before", I had not! But with the new-found freedom, comes a restriction in size of said display space, hence the somewhat 'skewered' choice I might have for some pieces.

My personal tastes have changed too - I would not say "deviated" - but perhaps "widened", to embrace further genres beyond the cuteness and urban-ness of the traditional 'art toy' mold of aesthetics.

For this list, I essentially imagined that if I were to be there physically myself, this might be what I would hunt down - mind you, these are what figures I know and have blogged about, and are predominantly "production toys", rather than customized one-offs toys. And the caveat to myself, was that they essentially had to be "Comic-Con exclusives" (which ruled out goodness ike Martin Hsu's Dragon Boy and 64Colors' Bubble Gumdrop et al) … with the sole exception of Gary Ham's Wooper Looper ;p

Nevertheless, here are my TOP TEN SDCC WANTS for 2012 (links to each post) followed immediately by my TOP WANT!

TOYSREVIL-TOP-10-SDCC

#10 - LONGSTREET Edition DRAGON KING by KaNO x Kuso Vinyl
#9 - TARGET (SDCC-Edition) by Luke Chueh x Munky King
#8 - WOOPER LOOPER by Gary Ham
#7 - DRIVER RED Crappy Cat by VanBeater x Kuso Vinyl
#6 - ROTTWEILER HERPES (SDCC Colorway) by Johnny Ryan x Monster Worship
#5 - THE TOY WHOSE NAME WE CANNOT SPEAK by The Sucklord
#4 - BART GRIN by Ron English
#3 - DEATHEAD by David Flores x BIC Plastic
#2 - MOTUKO Reverse Colorway by L'AMOUR SUPREME & Shamrock Arrow

TOYSREVIL-Top-10-SDCC-Wants: #1 - CYBER LABBIT by Chuckboy x Frank Kozik!

CYBER_LABBIT_SDCC_01

And while I might have slapped myself silly for not procuring the Chuckboy Dunny from the 2Tone Series when I had a chance to, seeing this Cyber Labbit revealed by and made available Kidrobot at SDCC, totally left my list in a spin! This 7" cutey looks cyber-adorable, and anyone who knows of my penchant for mecha would expect me to get toy-xcited with this!

Featuring simple lines, clear cartoon interpretation, and a cybernectic-cigarette for good measure (an ode perhaps, to me stopping smoking since the day I fell to Stroke nearly two years ago now), this Labbit has become one of the MUST HAVES for SDCC for me!

The 7-inch Cyborg Labbit Excelsior Edition stands 7" and is limited to 300pcs - priced at US$75 per. I have this feeling there might be more incarnations to come, as this is labeled the "Excelsior Edition" rather than just straight-up "Cuber Labbit"… perhaps? MUAHAHAHAHAHA

CYBER_LABBIT_SDCC_02 CYBER_LABBIT_SDCC_03

[Additional Images via Vinyl Pulse + Kidrobot]
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK