Previews & Event Details for "Custom YHWH Show" @ Toy Art Gallery (May 11)

YWWH-CUSTOM-PREVIEWS
Above-left: J*RYU / Above-right: Tan-Ki
Below-left: DrilOne / Below-Right: chikuwaemil

Scheduled for a launch May 11th @ Toy Art Gallery, is a "Custom YHWH Show" featuring a variety of artists working on the form. Here's a preview so far from folks' Instagrammage of WIPs, including the above, the featured below is Plaseebo's one of a kind "Oxymoron Carnivale" = a combination of vinyl and hand cast resin with feathers, standing 14" high, come signed by Bog Conge:

YWWH-PLASEEBO
(Below: Show flyer)
YHWH-SHOW-FLYER
"YHWH is the unpronounceable name of god. My YHWH represents the indefinable nature of the divine and its unspeakable mystery, which can be represented by anything from a burning bush to a three eyed bunny totem. In creating my YHWH toy edition, I strove to elevate each and every individual figure from a mass produced piece of plastic to a magical object.

I very much look forward to seeing how each artist responds to the spiritual energies of their YHWHs."
- mentions Mark Ryden. (More via the Event Facebook page). The YHWH Group Show runs thru May 26th, 2013.
YWWH-EMILIO-GARCIA
(Above custom by Emilio Garcia)

Truth be told, when YWWH from Mark Ryden came out in 2009 (released by Necessaries Toy Foundation), I was grasping at my senses trying to accept the form as an "art toy collectible", which then seemed to me more like an "art sculpture" (which by definition is likened to folks saying "whatever" artwork is "avant garde" because they simply could not categorize it ;p). Years on, I still have that trouble, unfortunately, but there are folks whose depiction and customs for it, might help me accept the piece more, perhaps? I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of seeing it in person too, actually … I feel sad for myself LOL
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK