The Genesis of "Uncle Boonmee" by Tanin Tumth


Thai-creator Tanin Tumth of Ministry of Kongz has been extremely prolific this year, and he is poised to release a brand new vinyl collectible in 2014, with the introduction of "UNCLE BOONMEE". Today, we get to find out a little bit more of the genesis of the monster!
"My inspiration for this toy was born (a few) weeks ago when I did a collaboration with WATARU MURAKAMI AKA "Anüstes Mpa" - a Metal Artist from Hokkaido Japan - (where) he painted my Yakonimonz in a "DEAD SKULL"-style. I'm very impressed!" ~shared Tanin.
"So I imagined a new monster that combined the Concept of DEAD, SKULL, and the Laboring Life of a poor human. So I design and sculpted this in the night." ~added Tanin.

Named "Uncle Boonmee", shown up top is the 6" Clay Prototype for Vinyl toy, with a release planned for March 2014. Check out the detail of the sculptor the figure's back:

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK