Toy Review: The Half-Mermaid by McBess



Reading an article on "Singlish" just a day ago, got me a tad riled up, about the nose-up attitude against what many folks have come to term as "Broken Singapore English", and of the negative connotation to that being used by lesser English-speaking folks. The trick at the end of the day, is being able to comfortably understand this sub-dialect spoken in Singapore - a rojak concoction of English, Chinese, dialects - isn't it?

Be that as it may, I decided to review a toy in my less-than-perfect Singlish - with a heavy tinge of my "Ah Bengness" shining thru - and I chose McBess' HALF-MERMAID as my collectible of focus, with absolutely no lack-of-respect intended for the piece and McBess, I insist hahahaha

And with such, I would like to apologize in advance to my non-Singlish speaking readers / viewers, if the content does not make sense to you LOL


The Half-Mermaid was priced at £125.00 per and is limited to 250pcs. I first posted reveals in july, and pre-order was around August this year. This piece was designed by McBess and modeled by Vincent Techer.

The "Kidrobot-produced" collectible I mentioned in the video review, is the Les Viandares piece (the name of which I still do not know how to pronounce ;p), and I have seen it in person (thanks Mike @ Ozzo) and I want it dearly OMG … but can hardly afford it FML …
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK