Gabby "DIKO" Tiongson Answers "How Was 2013?"

WHAT: I asked a select few folks how their 2013 was, and what should folks expect from them in 2014, and this is what they shared with TOYSREVIL…

GABRIEL TIONGSON: The year 2013 was a roller coaster ride of emotions for me. The year started out pretty well when I met the good people of Fuel.ph. They are more than just a coffee shop, they are a contagion. Upon meeting the team and hanging out with them, I helped plan out their anniversary event in Iloilo City, which was pretty since the kids came out to play. That was a big event for us since the whole motive was to inspire and get the people, particularly the youth, to break out of their shells and share their passion.


Above: Teaser / Below: The recap of the event:

GABRIEL TIONGSON: An annual event that I look forward to every year is the STGCC. This is always a great time to visit Singapore, catch up with friends and just drown in the toy/art/awe culture. Vinyl on Vinyl had a smaller booth this time around but we had everything from artworks, toys, posters and live art busting out in every corner of the booth. Was pretty hectic-awesome-love all mashed in a 2x2 meter space (correct me if I got the floor space wrong). I was so busy running around, helping in the booth and catching my breath I wasn't able to take pictures. We had an awesome time as always.


Below: DIKO @ Flabslab:

GABRIEL TIONGSON: The latter part of 2013 was pretty unreal. I was invited to do a 2 man show in Mazda Pasig, Philippines. To be able to share my art in a car showroom was amazing. I met a more diverse crowd and they were pleasantly surprised and open to the flavor of art that I showcased. That was a huge moment in my career.


GABRIEL TIONGSON: Some of the harder moments last year was having to deal with death. I lost some friends and relatives to cancer, freak accidents and a typhoon. I pray for everyone and their loved ones who passed away. Life is beautiful and we are so lucky to be alive. (Pic Below) First time I was hospitalized in my life. Had dengue and was on the bed delirious and fever spiking for a week.




GABRIEL TIONGSON: I was also pretty busy running around, flying back and forth from Iloilo to Manila and vice-versa completing some documents. Earlier last year I applied for a course in Visual Arts in New Zealand. It was pretty amazing that I was accepted without much trouble. The tricky part was completing my documents and dealing with the government offices. Alas, everything went well and I was granted my visa just before Christmas. Pretty sweet way to end the year. That whole process kept me on my toes the whole 2013. It was tedious, but totally worth it.

I am excited to see where this move takes me in my career and evolution. So far I am still packing and preparing until the day I leave for New Zealand on the 19th of January. Wish me luck dude. I will miss that Singapore is just a 3 hour flight away.



Look for Gabby "DIKO" Tiongson on the www via:
Tumblr
Instagram
Twitter
Facebook
Facebook ArtistPage
NOTE: All Images in this post were provided for by the artist because he is a gentleman and all-around awesome man!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK