"Beautiful Mind" by Michael Cu Fua @ Detention Barracks (May 3-31)


Launched today at Detention Barracks is "Beautiful Mind" - a solo art show featuring portraits by Michael Cu Fua, and DB-head honcho Yeo Hon Beng has oodles of opening night snaps to share on his IG @yeonardo (above pics via).

Exhibiting thru to May 31st, make your way to 56B Joo Chiat Place to have a gander, and as well check out the Events Facebook page for updates.
"“Beautiful Minds” is my own personal ode or litany to personalities that has positively contributed to society in spite of their agnostic or atheistic beliefs. This is also the result of my own personal journey in the ideals and the inept character of humanity to lean against religion as a crutch for their existence and moralities. My research and artistic journey has brought me to these distinct personalities that has gone beyond the norm of society to exist or….co-exist in a society that is bounded within the constraints of organized, traditional and inherited religion. These personalities represent beautiful minds that went beyond the beyond the accepted ideology of their times and society, bordering or actually going to the extent of blasphemy. For the religious who die for their beliefs it is termed as martyrdom. I give my full respect for people who live by this code…live and let live, I would say. And to that…..there exists “Beautiful Minds”. Beautiful minds that go against the grain to question the established and institutionalized ideals and through the process, they have found the balance to their existence beyond the blurred definitive boundaries of religion. And so I ask myself….what good comes out of “Beautiful Minds”?

For this series I chose to use unrolled canvass which is within the concept of unconventionality. My essence will also inhabit the artwork making this a gain a very personal artwork. I could actually say that the painting is genetically connected to me. This series in a whole is my very own personal yet unconventional way of interpreting these personalities on a medium that I am most attuned to accept my strokes and pigments."
-shared Michael Cu Fua.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK