#DailyDoodlers On TOYSREVIL: Wanton Doodle #bandofdoodlers #bodindetention

WHAT: In anticipation of their first group exhibition "Detention Class" at Detention Barracks on July 11th, TOYSREVIL will spotlight artists from Band of Doodlers in this #DailyDoodlers blog-feature, with a lil'Q&A and doodles! Enjoy the read and RSVP on the Events Facebook Page!

TOYSREVIL: Please share with everyone reading; what is your doodling-nick, and who are you? And why do you do the things you do?

WANTON DOODLE: My name is Mas and I am a compulsive doodler. I go by Wanton Doodle but I can see how that kinda sounds like “oi” or “hey you” to most people. I am a corporate cog by day, illustrator by night, with the dark eye circles to prove it. My illustrations are inspired by doodles borne out of sheer boredom, the desire to stay awake during meetings and the compulsion to expend office supplies.



TOYSREVIL: Why do you love to doodle? And what do you love to doodle?

WANTON DOODLE: I like to put some fun in functional items by marrying them with ornately dizzying patterns and characters. That is why I try to stretch my canvas beyond traditional application and amalgamate cherubical characters or intense swilrs into a style I would like to call "OCD meets LSD”. As to what I prefer to doodle on, it would be home ware, skateboard decks and unconscious victims.



TOYSREVIL: What made you want to start up Band of Doodlers? And why the name "Band of Doodlers”?

WANTON DOODLE: I believe in growing through co-creation and I absolutely love collaborative works, especially those without inhibitions. I have been involved in a few artist groups but have yet to find one for doodling here in Singapore. Having been a mentor with National Arts Council’s Noise Apprenticeship, I took the opportunity to start one with my mentees and wanted it to be inclusive. So the only requirement to be part of BOD is that you can hold a marker to paper. I expect to see you at our next session, Andy :)

Band of Doodlers because we are white space bandits and the quickest draw in the frontier. Get my drift, cowboy?


TOYSREVIL: What did you do wrong, to be sent to "Detention Class"? And what can we expect to see from you in "Detention Class"?

WANTON DOODLE: I did not do anything wrong. I am totally innocent. Ignore my nose. Or my fiery pants.

For the show, I will be contributing a few pieces of work - an ink on paper piece, a skateboard deck and collaborative contributions for an awesome “Kaiju” art and an “X-men” collab with a bunch of amazing artists.

ARTIST INBFO:
www: wantondoodle.com
fb: fb.com/wantondoodle
ig: @wantondoodle


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK