#DailyDoodlers On TOYSREVIL: GalactikCaptain #bandofdoodlers #bodindetention

WHAT: In anticipation of their first group exhibition "Detention Class" at Detention Barracks on July 11th, TOYSREVIL will spotlight artists from Band of Doodlers in this #DailyDoodlers blog-feature, with a lil'Q&A and doodles! Enjoy the read and RSVP on the Events Facebook Page!

TOYSREVIL: Please share with everyone reading; what is your doodling-nick, and who are you? And why do you do the things you do?
 
GALACTIK CAPTAIN: I'm always fascinated with mythology, folklore and the stuff of legend. The signature developed by yours truly Edison Teo; also known as GalactikCaptain, my illustrations and artwork is bold and defined, using line weights to refine details in my characters.

My tools of the trade are mainly black pens and ink. I prefer the good old traditional art compared to digital illustrations - papers, walls and vinyl toys are among the mediums that my art lands on.

A graduate of Lasalle's Communication Design programme, I was at first conflicted in my path to express my art. I was tossed between selecting a course in Fine Arts, Communication Design and even Animation. Now I'm a designer by day, illustrating crusader at night - something of a dual identity with a balance that challenges me.



TOYSREVIL: What is your dayjob? And why do you love to doodle? And what do you love to doodle?
 
GALACTIK CAPTAIN: Being the only boy and middle kid growing up, I picked up doodling to kill time and to keep myself entertained. I doodle anything and everything that pops up in my head, usually monsters, aliens and robots!


TOYSREVIL: Which is the character you would most want to doodle, but have not yet? And why?
 
GALACTIK CAPTAIN: There isn’t because if there’s anything I want to draw, I’ll have to get it down on paper or I’ll never ever get to sleep!

TOYSREVIL: What did you do wrong, to be sent to "Detention Class"? And what can we expect to see from you in "Detention Class"?
 
GALACTIK CAPTAIN: I draw too much instead of paying attention to anything else and I got busted! One thing for sure is that you’ll see many artworks up for exhibit along mine.

Artist info:
Name: GalactikCaptain
Web: http://glactikcaptain.deviantart.com
Email: galactikcaptain@gmail.com
Instagram: @galactikcaptain


("Mighty Morphin Power Rangersaurus" by Edison Teo;
ink on archival paper)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK