Attack On Titan @ #AFA2014


Let me preface this blog-post by "claiming" that I am a personal fan of "Attack On Titan" (moreso the anime rather than the manga, thank youWHAT-IS), and am always on the lookout for the property being represented at geek conventions, with last year's AFA a but memorable rumble, while at this year's Anime Festival Asia, it was … a mixed bag of feels…


First, the "positives": TOYS!

Plenty of toys and statues being represented, predominately already released pieces, alongside upcoming goodies predominantly seen online prior to the event - which frankly should make for a pretty "uninspired" happenstance, but nothing beats seeing the products "live" and up-close - which for me makes the desirability and purchasing difference IMHO - and also since I am a "fan", it all works out well! LOL

Good Smile Co presented their line-up of Nenodoroids, which included a "new" Armin, a Figma Armin, and available for purchase at their booth was "Levi" Nenodoroid - in the "Regular" Edition (#scored!) and a "Clean Up" version (#pass). SGD$55 is decent a purchase not necessarily different from local retail shops, I guess. As well earlier releases like the Nendoroid Colossal Titan was also on show…

The era of the chibi keycharms and gashapons seems a faint memory now, replaced by higher-priced merch…





Also appreciated that LaTendo displayed their Levi statues on the counter besides being behind glass display cases. AND behind the glass panels were another 3 statues, including a splendid one where seems Eren is about to bite his hand? (Or bite his blade-handle??? LOL) - AWESOME! I am (partially) grateful I do not collect statues, otherwise I might've peed in my shorts a droplet or two …

The focus was firmly on the humanoid characters, while the Titans seemed to take a backseat … in fact, I barely saw any Colossal Titans, much less an Eren Titan...


What I did not take pictures of were plenty of paper bags printed with AOT images, and of course the various merch and stationary items besides "toys" haha



Now, permit me to ramble a bit on about the "negatives" - which I will go from "light" to "severe"…

- I wish there were more images or information about the "Live action" AOT movie, although I clearly understand this might have been a strictly company representation versus general public news (some days really need to separate the www-news and the info in the general population hahahaha).

- I don't really see a whole lot of AOT Cosplay (not for a half of Saturday I was there anyways haha) .. and NO, wearing a jacket alone is not enough! LOL


- Spotted earlier on instagram streams, there seemed to be a space featuring a structure whereby folks are "strapped-in" a harness / harnesses attached to a structure which pulls folks up, thereby producing the feeling of being suspended ala "3d Manuvering Gear"? (No, I did not read the event guide for more info :p). SO EXCITING! … but alas, that bubble popped soon enough …


And being throughly intrigued by this notion, I stood by (and made my friend Hauke stand by me as well) as I shot this short clip, and the result was disappointing … lifted a feet off the ground? WHAT? … but then agin, what had I expected? Folks to "somersault and tumble off the steel frames"? LOL

A video posted by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


Or perhaps I should simply temper my expectations of what folks can offer for public consumption, against my own liking for AOT and stick to the "toys", yeh? Heh.

Now all I need to find are THESE AOT Pop!Vinyls from Funko!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK