#Thunderbirds: Classic TV Commercials & Hobby Kit Box Art by Shigeru Komatsuzaki


Last week I posted about how Gerry Anderson's "Supermarionation" had influenced me in "toy dioramas", and of "Thunderbirds" being a key entry point into my "appreciation of toys" … and I am thankful somehow these vintage Japanese commercials for Thunderbirds hobby kits did not cross my tender eyes then, otherwise I'd be more likely hooked, without a shred of a doubt! And neither did these classic Thunderbird TVC from Lyons Maid & Kellogs led to any dietary consequences tho ~ LOL


Featured below are a few vintage "Imai Thunderbirds" created by illustrator Shigeru Komatsuzaki - with full/larger images to be viewed on secretspacebase (all images via).

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK