DANIEL YU for #ByeBye2016Hello2017

WHAT-IS: TOYSREVIL asked a few select folks how their year was in 2016, and what plans are ahead for 2017! Stay tuned to continued coverage of DANIEL YU on #TOYSREVIL!

TOYSREVIL: How was 2016 for you? Share with us your most triumphant moment in 2016.

DANIEL YU: My highlight of 2016 would be branching out into bigger works, particularly the Lunar Beast and Jiangshi Acolyte.

2016 was also the year I produced my first vinyl piece, the upsized Jiangshi Acolyte, with the help of Unbox Industries. I also launched my first custom show held at Wrong Gallery Taipei.


TOYSREVIL: What is your most favorite toy, or piece of art you've seen in 2016?
DANIEL YU: Don't have a particular toy in mind, but I guess this would probably count as art. I got a hold of "The Art of Creature and Character Design" books and it's a really great reference of sculptors and artists in the fx industry.
TOYSREVIL: What are you most looking forward to in 2017? Any plans for your work, for the new year you can share with us?
DANIEL YU: Can't reveal much at the moment, just looking forward to creating more new works in 2017.
TOYSREVIL: Share with us, WHO you are and what you do?
I'm a sculptor based in Singapore, hit me up on social media and follow my journey @thedanielyu.

(Seen @ STGCC2016 / Photography via Thero Dennis)

Neo-kaiju.

A photo posted by Daniel Yu (@thedanielyu) on

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK