My Impressions of Netflix’s DEATH NOTE (*Mild Spoilers)

"Intoxicated by the power of a supernatural notebook, a young man begins killing those he deems unworthy of life. Based on the famous Japanese manga. Death Note, now streaming on Netflix. "

If you have not watched any of the original source manga (which I’ve not), or Japanese live action feature film adaptions (which I have … alas, I could not get past the first episode of the J-TV series myself :p), I can honestly say, watching the Netflix original tele-movie version would serve you better for “curiosity’s sake” - instead of looking to find fresh new meaning or pleasant surprises, by which you might be disappointed, perhaps even lament the filmmakers not pushing beyond more than what has been laid before viewers in previous incarnations…


So, in short I didn’t quite like Netflix’s “Death Note” 100-minuter film (launched August 25th), and you can read MORE of my SPOILER-FUELED impressions on #popcornX … or if you just wanna see “pictures with text”, head on to #iliketeevee. I’ve personally had my curiosity sated, and my fair share of disappointments, alas.

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK