TOYSREVIL’s TOP TEN TOYS of 2016: #6 - CILLIC from GLITCH

WHAT-IS: It took some time - much longer than I anticipated -
but I’ve finally completed my personal TOP TEN TOYS of 2016!

CAVEAT#1: Items are to a part of my own personal collection, either purchased by myself, or gifted
to me, during the year of 2016. Essentially, this is a list of the toys that I already have, thanks.

CAVEAT#2: They could either be brand new toys released in the year of 2016, or they could have been
released earlier, but only owned or opened/deboxed in 2016. OLD is GOLD as far as I am concerned LOL


Enjoy The Toy-Joy, folks!
Andy TOYSREVIL.

TOYSREVIL TOP TEN TOYS of 2016: #6 - CILLIC from GLITCH

One of the main appeals for me, in terms of GLITCH products - and in this instance "God Complex" - are the original character creations and their designs. Their 1/6th-scaled figures have been highlights of my collection, and it would have been a utter dream to be able to collect them ALL!

THEN, they went and did a CHIBI-version of their characters - in a series named "CILLIC"! I am a sucker for "chibi"-design (AKA "short/tiny versions of the character, which I liken to a "baby" version, as opposed to "Super-Deformed" where it is just big-head-on-smalle-body, IMHO), and along with being a lifelong-convert for the 1/6th hobby, the sheer 'audacity' of utilizing both toy-genres to depict their characters, made this particular line-up EPIC for me! And to be able to receive the entire one-up from Series 1? (Because Bryan Lie is "The Man"!) *BANG-TABLE-WITH-EXCITEMENT*


The characters are now depicted in comicbooks (published with Top Cow comics) - and that cements the triumvirate of geekdom that drives this blog: Toys + Comics + and in time I hope ANIMATION/ANIME! (No, I do not need a "live" action all-ages sentai show, thanks LOL)

The figures first greeted the public in 2015, and then launched for sales in 2015 and subsequently online.
"The SD line is called "Cillic" it's based on Indonesian word "cilik" that literally means little or small. We are currently on the production stage for these guys. The first wave are going to be available in Q3 2016. After that we are going to gauge the reception on them and prepare how to expand with the 3rd wave of this line. Yes I said 3rd as the second wave is currently being prepared." (Shared Bryan Lie in my Q&A here).


And while I've only reviewed Machine56's "Test Subject 56", look forward to the rest of the gang getting their own individual unboxing treatments in 2018. Meanwhile, go snag yours from their online store, and stay tuned for SERIES 2!

A post shared by TOYSREVIL (@toysrevil) on


(Above WIP image via Khem Pavee)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK