Fiona Ng for *BYEBYE 017 HELLO 2018* on TOYSREVIL


I've always enjoyed the art of Fiona Ng (Featured #onTOYSREVIL), from early-Custom Munnys, to recent Seasonal Dunny Knights, and spotted on her Instagram stream: New Baby Armoured Knight Series - a splendid focus on "fantasy" (with a strong "medieval knight" focus), and a touch of Sci-Fi (remember her "ZER0 THE ASSASSIN"?), culminating in the creation of her original "EV the Elementalist", and I'm holding out to see a Mediaval Knight x Sci-Fi-creation!

Meanwhile, I really wanted to find out more about her work, and what is to expect in 2018, and I share this with you folks, for my "ByeBye2017 Hello2018" micro interview series! ONWARDS!


TOYSREVIL: How was 2017 for you? Share with us your most triumphant moment in 2017. What did you find the most disappointed of 2017?
FIONA NG: "Since I started in the toy community customizing toys, it was hard for me to pull away from that, as a lot of people knew me for my custom work. Last year I really wanted to create something of my own design from the beginning to the final product, something that didn't use another artists' base or rely on the popularity of a specific IP. So one of my biggest personal triumphs was releasing EV the Elementalist, where I was able to try out all those things. It also gave me a chance to experiment with dyes and pigments, creating different resin colorways of previous designs.

Biggest disappointment I think was just not being able to create more original designs, haha. Will fix that this year..."

A post shared by Fiona Ng (@darthasterisk) on



TOYSREVIL: What is your most favorite toy, or piece of art you've seen in 2017?
FIONA NG: "I don't know if this counts, but one of my favorite releases from last year was an art book called How to Read European Armor, from New York's Metropolitan Museum of Art. Kind of sounds like a textbook, but the book goes through every part of medieval armor (using one of the museum's complete armor sets as a point of reference), describing each piece's function and design and how its shapes reflected the styles and trends in society at that time. Also has tons of close up photos of armor from the museum's collection, so it really helped as reference for my own knight designs. 

If this doesn't count, one of my favorite toy releases was the Cherry Blossom Abiru and Ruru by Abiru Ari. Love the chibi-like character designs as well as her use of bright, soft colors.

Also loved the The 38 Custom Dunny Collection by MP Gautheron. Was fascinated by her use of colors and patterns on every piece in that collection. "


TOYSREVIL: What are you most looking forward to in 2018? Any plans for your work, for the new year you can share with us?
FIONA NG: "I'm planning a bunch of new designs for this year that will focus more on the knight styles I've made in the past, just no longer on a Dunny platform. First release will be in the coming weeks I think..."

TOYSREVIL: Share with us, WHO you are and what you do?
FIONA NG: "I began making art toys in 2013 and enjoy sharing my little otherworldly adventurers and adventures with anyone who needs a little dose of playfulness injected back into their life.
You can find my work here: ngfiona.com / Facebook / Instagram."
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK