The Toy Collection of Robin Williams


The daughter of the late comedian and actor Robin Williams seeks folks' assistance on Twitter to help identify her father's collection of nerdery toys, and I am left with faint-tears in my eyes, and the thought; "He was one of us"... (exactly same thoughts, Hwee Leong Chew!)

That said, these are the toys that jumped out at me! (And check out more images on @zeldawilliams).

Above: Michael Lau's "TOM KIDS" in 1/6th scale (bittersweet memories of) OMG!

Below: 1/6th-scaled "urban street figures" from Pal Wong for Pazo Art, and Paul Leung for Giveme5 (both early 2000 1/6 figure releases).

Bottom: "Scopedogs" from "Armored Trooper VOTOMS" (Don't know about the 'Bots in the back row tho :p)


I've always been interested in seeing/finding out what folks "collect", especially artists/designers/celebrities, but it's always somewhat harder to get folks to open up (No doubt they'd want to keep their hobbies to themselves, I understand), but alas not much deep-diving I can do otherwise ... Pity.

(Source)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK