Alex Ross' Batman's 75th Anniversary Art


And while Batman's 75th Anniversary happened circa 2014, this would be the first time I'd laid my eyes on Alex Ross' rendition of the classic Batman & Robin, alongside his menagerie of villains from the classic 60's television live action series! The ripping muscles reminded me of Joe Jusko's artwork too (first seen on my trading cards from the 90s :p).


How glorious when we get to see renewed & remixed interpretations of older imagery, which sometimes parallels that of folks - both Western and Eastern filmmakers - re-adapting & re-harshing old favourites! Most times missing the magic mark of the past... sometimes (but very rarely) hitting a new mark.

I personally like seeing re-interpretations (well, for most), although I am not speaking for everyone out there! And while the results might or might not be what I expect, I know I can still somehow go back to the "originals" (via DVD or whatnot) at any time! So I am good and willing to see new explorations :)

Source: @thealexrossart
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK