Of Porcelain Bunnies & Trapped Turtles


Back from a (nearly) week-long family holiday, with not much “toys” to be seen actually, except your usual pedestrian bootlegged toys (*and by that I do not mean the art-collectibles of our current generation and culture, IMHO), and the above featured porcelain sculpts (on display at the Chaozhou City Chamber of Commerce) whose forms somewhat mirror the collectibles-aesthetics I've featured in this humble blog (for over a decade). And neither did I bring along any of my own for photo-ops too (something which I had been doing for years), effectively offline for 6 days - missing "Black Friday", and a hint of "Cyber Monday" (:p) ... and as much as I'd hoped to rest-n-recharge, what I found in one of the popular (local) urban touristy-venues was this excruciatingly sad sight instead...


And while I've seen videos online of little animals sealed in plastic pouches before (also seen and sold in China), these poor turtles were kept partially submerged in water, but with a breathable topper, which does little for the plight of these creatures. This is where "toys" in it's more nefarious forms, haunts our humanity, IMHO.

Regular bloggery will return soon to TOYSREVIL.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK