TOYSREVIL Reviews: GUNDERBOI from Good Guys Never Win Toys


"GUNDERBOI" is created by Cipta Croft-Cusworth and produced by Indonesia headquartered Good Guys Never Win Toys (Instagram / Facebook). Released in 2017, I've had a chance to see them in person at the recent "TOY EXHIBIT (THIS IS NOT A TOY)" private exhibition (Some images featured at bottom of this post), and thanks to the generosity of Cipta, be able to sponsor prizes for my just concluded #TOYSREVIL14 giveaway contest!


Made with 100% recycled plastic, and finished in a variety of colors, GUNDERBOI is based on "Genderuwo" = "a Javanese myth about a genie or a human being resembling a large, muscular ape with black to red color, its body covered in thick hair that grows all over the body." (Wiki) - with this interpretation being "Gunderboi" being a half Gunderuwo half Boy, who is "the protector of the forest & friend to you & me!" ... and as it continues to say on the header-card: "Keep me on a window sill and give me a view. Occasionally feed me coins and I will bring you good fortune!"

As mentioned in my video review, there is no way to "open up" the figure to retrieve the coins, BUT I have plenty of 1-cent coins to feed him, to keep my Gunderboi head and standing steady! My piece stands pretty sturdy too, so no worries on this aspect LOL


SWIPE THRU or in-hand images:

As mentioned in my video review, I have been told that GUNDERBOI is not available online, but might be made available where Good Guys Never Win Toys exhibit and/or booth their wares, so keep an eye out!



SEEN @ "TOY EXHIBIT (THIS IS NOT A TOY)":

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK