#C3AFASG19 Anime Festival Asia Singapore @ Suntec City (Nov 29-Dec 1/2019)


The annual Anime Festival Asia returns to Suntec City this weekend of Friday November 29th, to Sunday December 1st, taking up a massive 6 exhibition halls (Levels 3 & 4) worth of anime and Japanese pop culture content! Exhibition Halls open 10AM and closes 8PM.

Featured here is my personal impressions of the event, and you might want to head on over to my #iNotOtaku! blog-feature for the FULL Press Release :)

First: HOW TO GET IN-deets!

#C3AFASG19 is a ticketed event, with tickets starting from SG$15 for Single-Day exhibition access. Prior to #C3AFASG19 event days, VIP and GA I Love Anisong tickets can be purchased through the APACTix website here.

During event days, tickets can be bought on site at Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre’s 3rd floor concourse for the “EXHIBITION ONLY” and “EXHIBITION + STAGE” tickets. Tickets for the “I LOVE ANISONG” (EXHIBITION + STAGE + CONCERT) can be purchased outside Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre’s Hall 404 on the 4th floor.

And if you have not been to any incarnation of AFA, it essentially means, you an pay for entry to the exhibition halls, and to the concerts separately. OR, you can choose to bundle them together.


This year's festivities include behind-the-scenes talents, and both Singers/Performers and Cosplayers, games to play, food to eat, and merchandising to buy and hoard over! and the inclusion of a "AFA Play" this year = a brand new experience zone which features both analog and digital mediums.



Also held for the first time in conjunction with #C3AFASG19, is the "AFA Film Festival", whereby a curated line-up of movie screenings and concert films will be presented. Titles include the first in Southeast Asia screening of the Frame Arms Girl Movie: Kyakkya Ufufu na Wonderland, a story of a school girl’s adventures with a petite autonomous robot. A special screening of CENCOROLL CONNECT, directed and animated by Atsuya Uki, will also be held. Concert films include popular supernatural idol girl group Zombie Land Saga LIVE: Franchouchou Minna de Orabou IN SAGA and ONE PIECE STAMPEDE.



One of the main draws for the event thru the years - at least for this particular wannabe otaku - had been dedicated anime-themed collectibles and toys! The one thing that I've noticed, is that the offering are very topical, and no doubt likely so, as "back-stock" might be a rare occurrence in this particular genre!

I remembered a year with plenty of TIGER AND BUNNY toys, but I hadn't cotton unto the bandwagon as yet, until a few months later, when memories of the toys that had slipped my grasp, of the anime I had subsequently devoured a little bit too late for LOL

NO doubt we'll be bludgeoned with Nendoroids, PVC statues of your fav anime characters, via a host of retailers nd vendors.


But then again, it is very much to do with "topicality" too, at the very least what and whom appeals to you are a particular "when" (if not "for all time"). There was that year when I kicked myself for missing SCANDAL (*My ALL TIME FAVE J-pop girl band OMG) ... But this year? They'll return and perform on Friday night, and I'm giving night-concerts a miss, and will probably regret my decision, and whine about it again on this blog ~ Heh.


What I am also looking forward to, is the CREATOR'S HUB (AKA "Artist Alley" for AFA), having captured my attention in recent years, AND helped my spending! Don't think that'll be a "problem" this year, as I am pretty darn skint, innit? Looks like I'll be just a "pedestrian" this year...


I had missed last year's event totally, unfortunately due to scheduling, and admittedly a sense of "disconnect", as I've felt I've not committed much to my "otaku-ness" that year ... but THIS year, I am aiming to head down on Friday, for a dose of J-Culture, before the weekend crowd engulfs the halls! Bugs me that I don't ave a anime tee to wear tho...

I'll be instagramming via hashtag #toysrevilafa19, and perhaps even mystory the fun - here's hoping the wifi-reception is decent at Suntec!

Also stay tuned to the official site or connect on socials: Instagram /Facebook / Twitter for the latest updates on the festival.



C3AFA Singapore 2019
29 November to 1 December
Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK