A Sunday Trip Down Toy-Collecting Memory-Lane with #TOYSREVIL16


Had an impromptu online Sunday chat today with a long-time toy-collecting friend (from 2 decades back - Waves to Danny!), which started as a tutorial in using Zoom, to end up as a full-blown interview/chat on Facebook Live (Thank goodness I was wearing a tee), which brought up memories of my 1/6th hobby collecting past, with which is a perfect opportunity for me to reminisce and post on both my Instagram mystory and FB some select snaps of my kitbashes from my 1/6th Hobby on FB-page!



Here are what I had uploaded / posted (some of these are over 15 yers back lol), with this batch's theme focusing on military/law enforcement - or basically figures with guns ... which were not my main collecting-focus (actually), but you hang around fellow collectors who do, and the next thing you know? You are picking up automatic rifles, knee-guards and combat boots LOL ... TOYS ARE EVIL, and so are toy-buddies' collecting-habits! LOL



So the hashtag "#TOYSREVIL16" essentially means "TOYSREVIL 1/6", but I like that it is as if I wanna be "sweet sixteen" again! But alas, tis too far gone now, the memories of innocence and being ignored by the ladies... *cough*

The joy of creating a brand new "something" out of different pieces, was such a toyjoy that I miss from my toy-past, quite frankly... And while I might not be able to physically get back into kitbashing (not so quick, anyways) - which is something I have been thinking about dearly recently - maybe I'd share with folks my toy-past instead, and will continue to recycle old images (Hey, I am proud of some of my collection, okay? :p), until such time I can post NEW WORK instead, you know what I mean? We don't need to forget our pasts, just replace them wth new ones :) ... Next round of uploads? NON-MILITARY! LOL
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK