One-Off SG 55 Merlion Custom by Jessica Emmett


Featured here today is the one-off "SG 55" Merlion Custom by Jessica Emmett, sine released Aug 9th and Sold Out. Hand-painted over her own sculpted and cast 2 7/8" tall MERLION resin figure in copic multiliner & watercolour, featured here today is an exclusive "first look" at the WIPs, along with snaps of the final piece.


"I made a merlion toy a couple of year ago when I wasn’t sure if I’d be still be able to be in SG (as our stay is dependent on my husband's job). I wanted to make something that reflected my love of Singapore that’s why I made a merlion ofc... some had heart tails. I only cast one small batch of resin merlions at the time which have all sold since..." (Samples seen above / @jessica_emmett)


"I only made one small casting batch back in 2018 and have since focused on other toys. But I saved this from a miscast and its been sat on my desk awhile. It was only when you poked me last night about if i might have something sg related image or release i was like errrr no 😅... but maybe! I spent all day working on this and gonna drop it tonight! Sometimes the best things are last minute hahahaha. I hope everyone is safe and a really gracious thank you Singapore!"


"I know I'm a visitor in SG, I love it here, found a home & community here and found a sense of belonging I've never found before. While how long I might be able to stay in sg in out of my hands, all I know is that I appreciate & treasure every moment I get to live here and be part of the fab toy, art & comic communities here."


WHAT-IS: Singapore celebrates National Day on August 9th, 2020, with today being it's 55th years since independence. I had invited a few Singaporean & SG-based toy-folks to share their HBD SG Wishes :)
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK