Project CactX by wehaverealize Available Now

Johnny Draco at wehaverealize Design Studio (designers for "Cheeky Mouse")
shares with us their newest resin project, titled "Project CactX"!


Designed and hand-painted by @wehaverealize, featuring sculpt work by Michael Ly (@makkoli) - this resin art figure is sized 6" (152mm) tall, and is in a signed and numbered edition of only 10pcs, each priced at US$250, available online via shop.wehaverealize.com.



I had to bug Johnny Draco with a couple of questions! QUESTION #1: What's the design concept? A screaming and flailing cactus needs to have a "story"! LOL
"...originally when I moved to Colorado for my job at kidrobot, I didn’t know how to care for plants that well. It is very dry here and with some plants you have to take an extra step. At one point I even got a cactus and failed to take care of it. Eventually Amy got me another cactus, but this one seemed to grow a lot better with more cactus almost popping out of each other. Almost in a “wow” popping motion which is the “screaming/flailing” aspect of the design. Ultimately we wanted to make a companion piece that wouldn’t wither away! LOL"


QUESTION #2: Is there any specific reason why the color "black"? (remembering Cheeky Mouse was with white on black ...)
"As far as the black color, I’ve always had a fondness for black toys. I have a small collection of Kidrobot Black as well as others. We wanted to do something clean rather than a colorful figure like most would expect. Keeping this is mind, I am a Black American, so pushing the black design is just a nod to showing beauty in the color black. That’s why most of my pieces lately have been in Black. "
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK