"DMZ" Mini Series on HBO Max



Oh wow. Seeing the trailer title and remembering my past reads, actually left a tear in my eyes, as I watch the trailer for "DMZ"...



SYNOPSIS: "Set in a near-future America, fractured by a Second Civil War, the story focuses on the titular DMZ (Demilitarized zone) which is a ravaged Manhattan Island. No one goes in, no one comes out. But for medic Alma, who is desperate to find her missing son, it all comes down to her becoming a symbol of hope for the occupants trapped inside the DMZ. The future rests in her hands." (jesusblack-91294 for IMDb)



And while the show's namesake is based on the "DMZ" comicbook series, the people and premise stands on it's own.

With the pilot episode directed by Ava DuVernay, the mini series stars Rosario Dawson and Benjamin Bratt, with all 4 episodes of "DMZ" streaming March 17th on HBO Max.

DMZ IMDb Cast Credit Screengrab on POPCORNX


WHAT-IS: "DMZ" is an American comic book series written by Brian Wood, with artwork by Wood and Riccardo Burchielli. The series is set in the near future, where a Second American Civil War has turned the island of Manhattan into a demilitarized zone (DMZ), caught between forces of the United States of America and secessionist Free States of America." (Wiki).

DMZ Graphic Novel Covers

Published by DC Comics under their Vertigo imprint, the series ran from November 2005 to February 2012, covering 72 issues that have also been collected in 12 trade paperback volumes, which I had collected said series via, and remains the only series I had read over twice. Even now, I've wondered why it took so long for the series to be adapted into "live action"? I had my theories, but situations in the recent years had been too close for comfort, IMHO.

And while I've raved over the comicbooks in a online platform that no longer exists (although I did name it as "favourite non-hero/non-fantasy comicbook" in 2006 :p), I still have these images of my uncompleted 1/6 kitbash...!

DMZ 1:6 Kitbash by TOYSFREVIL 01
DMZ 1:6 Kitbash by TOYSFREVIL 02


BUY DMZ on U.S.AMAZON:


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK