TOYSREVIL @ ODYSSEY & ODDITIES at Our Tampines Hub (Event Ends June 12.2022)



I'd visited the ODYSSEY & ODDITIES display (Featured Here Previously) at Our Tampines Hub the previous weekend, and wanted to share some images and thoughts here on the blog (*I have since uploaded images HERE in my dedicated Facebook album, cheers).

THE PLAN: To visit OTH in the late afternoon to see the inflatables, then break for dinner, before seeing them in the evening (experiencing them after sunset), and attend The Analog Girl's set for the Cosmic 3065 Music Stage!



Met up with Dan and Michael for snaps and kopi chat afters. Thankfully it was not a rainy day but for the merciless sunny afternoon, with clear blue skies. There is no direct shade on the field, but for the shadows of the seating stands on the other side of where the inflatables are anchored.



Seek entry via the gate near the central main foyer. Neither drinks nor snacks were sold within the display grounds, and they were not allowed too. There are multiple gates to the field all around the stadium, so there is no need to get lost.



I found the above signature description and introduction to Daniel Yu and Muhammad Izdi, and the genesis of the inflatables. I felt this was such a waste to not actively showcase the origins of the inflatable designs, and that they were DESIGNED IN SINGAPORE BY SINGAPOREANS, and a point of pride for folks visiting the place, IMO. That said, I have no idea of the signage was put up after I'd left, so stay sharp, people!



The space is shared between the giant inflatables and children's rides and inflatable mountain slides, and they are all apart of "The TAMPINES 3065 Festival" (which in turn is "part of OTH’s partnership with Families For Life and MSF (Ministry of Social and Family Development) in support of the Year of Celebrating SG Families"), so do expect a certain amount of screaming and running kids, cheers.

One of the inflatables was "missing" from the line-up when I visited, and I do not now if it was put back up after last weekend, or if it had been removed to accommodate one of the inflatable mountain slides for the kids.

Seen here are quick snaps of the inflatables, and the characters riding them - featuring characters from Daniel Yu, including LUNAR CREEP, SPACE DEITY and collaboration with FANNY KAO: ACORN EXPLORER!



My favourite ironic display, was the giant Inflatable Yellow CTHULHU, which had a graphic print of Daniel's "OI! CTHULHU" at the base. Only thing stopping me from prostrating on my knees in front of the "Flying Spaghetti Monster"-affilated monster were my weak knees (heh).




After an uneventful dinner, I'd return for a look at the inflatables, the smaller one of which had internal lights. A quick round of snaps later, I'd search for a seat, to relish in The Analog Girl's set - which I have since posted HERE on my Music Hobby Blog, including the quick Tweet-embeds seen here.

I had watched the stage alone, but would've been fun if it were a picnic-blanket open-air watch instead (as long as it doesn't rain).




The event continues thru and will end by this weekend (June 12th). There is yet another music stages dubbed "Interstellar 3065" (see below Tweet). Have Fun and Take Tons of Pictures! Who knows when we'll have giant inflatables made from original designs from Singaporeans in out midst...!


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK