SGCC2022-HAUL: How Sean Lam XIESHI'd Me at Singapore Comic Con 2022



The moment I blogged about what Sean Lam was going to do at #singaporecomiccon, I knew I wanted in on it…!



I hung around the NAFA booth for some time (Where Sean was based for both days of the event), constantly walking pass, peeking in to see if there was an empty seat, while snapping and gawking at other booths (with what I do for the TOYSREVIL-blog, I literally am unable to commit a dedicated time for scheudles or even luxuries of being in queue to get what I want, always needing to be dashing about, constantly missing people and things I want hahaha ... I subsequently removed my "Media" pass tho, as I wanted to enjoy the event as a "attendee" toooooo), even popping in while he was drawing my friend Kat (I wanna seeeeeee the result :p), and finally found his drawing-space empty at the literal (nearly) end of the day ... and thank goodness as my over-weight body had exhausted my legs by then :p



Bugging him at the end of a obvious long day drawing and talking, I'd apologized for being selfish, even though this was the first time we've met, and not knowing who I was, I eventually regaled him with my life story (bless you for being patient, Sean), while he made me pwetty on paper (Believe you me it is an improvement = it’s now my Facebook avatar too, #biteme lol), having chosen to turn me into a "XIESHI 邪尸" (AKA "vampire"), than a "GEUNGSI 僵尸" (aka "zombie") FTW! Bro, the eyebags were so legit "me" too LOL



In a very roundabout way (you might even call it "weird" and I will not correct you), it somehow fulfilled my dream to "cosplay" at Comic-Con (*Which I had wanted to do since I wore an eye-patch, but then I got fat(ter) and I did not want to wear too warmed up hahahahaha), and I'd always been intrigued by "Vampires" (more "Lost Boys" than "Twilight", thanks), so THIS turned out to be the highlight of my Singapore Comic Con exprience this year!



I walked away with both volumes of his published #GEUNGSI comic digests (at a special rate too, compared to SRP at bookshops now = SCORE!), a wondrous sketch and a self-realized (possible) direction I could explore ahead, which I had forgotten about when I was young and eager ... I had sucked my own dreams dry with my self-inflicted hunger for other new things, so maybe it's time to come back to "square one" … so THANK YOU for the inspiration, @seanlam_artist! You might have just reinvigorated my "hunger"...!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK