Abraham Derri for 10 THINGS THAT MAKE YOU TICK (ON TOYSREVIL)



TOYSREVIL: Who are you? What do you do?
ABRAHAM DERRI: My name is Deri, or in online mode you can call me abekun, I am toy designer from Indonesia. I'm currently be a full time toy designer right now.

TOYSREVIL: Where can people find you? Online and Offline.
ABRAHAM DERRI: Meet me at Instagram @abrahameijin!

@abrahameijin artvsartist


TOYSREVIL: How did you start? What made you continue?
ABRAHAM DERRI: Roughly 7 or 8 years ago, I worked on custom toys and custom sculpts. However, I only began my journey as a toy designer 3 years ago. What made me continue this path is the realization that this field is enjoyable, and I am able to bring my vision of a character to life in the form of a toy.

TOYSREVIL: How long has it been? How far and for how long do you want to go?
ABRAHAM DERRI: I started 3 years ago, and if possible, I would like to go as far as possible, until the character I created becomes widely known.

TOYSREVIL: Who has inspired you? Who inspired you? What inspires you?
ABRAHAM DERRI: Mostly Gundam and another mecha designed by Kanetake Ebikawa, Takayuki Yanase, Katoki Hajime, Tenjin Hidetaka, Masami Obari.
I have developed an interest in anime PVC figures lately. The level of craftsmanship on them is truly impressive!

TOYSREVIL: Movies? Anime? Comicbook? Name your poison!
ABRAHAM DERRI: Gundam series, Evangelion, Isekai themed anime, Super Robot Wars series, Spawn and Batman.

TOYSREVIL: What do you collect? "TOYS" or others? Do they inform you of your ART?
ABRAHAM DERRI: I collect toys, especially mecha toys like gunpla, anime figurine, and yes they are give me influence for my toys!



TOYSREVIL: Choose 1 piece of toy art/work that you think people would recognise and remember you for?
ABRAHAM DERRI: MIRA :)



TOYSREVIL: TWhat is the favouritest work you have done to date? And why? Show and Share!
ABRAHAM DERRI: MIRAbbit Trooper (custom) and my latest version of MIRA that's soon to be released...!



TOYSREVIL: What do you do best? What is your greatest strength?
ABRAHAM DERRI: Maybe... Procrastinating :D

TOYSREVIL: What would you hope to be doing better in? What is your kryptonite?
ABRAHAM DERRI: I wish better in digital sculpts! And also I aspire to be more diligent in my work.

TOYSREVIL: What is your process of creation? Walk us through your art! Is there a time limit?
ABRAHAM DERRI: Won't stop until I think the works is good!

@abrahameijin work process

@abrahameijin Workdesk


TOYSREVIL: What songs do you listen to, to juice up your creativity? What is the "Soundtrack To Your Art"? Or do you prefer to work in "silence"?
ABRAHAM DERRI: (A) Lot of random things... Here my playlist on spotify!



TOYSREVIL: What would you now say to the YOU that started all these years ago?
ABRAHAM DERRI: Don't lose hope about toys, soon you will be able to make it! And don't dump your childhood toys please! ...My greatest regret T_T-

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK