IKY for 10 THINGS THAT MAKE YOU TICK (on TOYSREVIL)

TOYSREVIL: Who are you? What do you do?
RIZKY ZAKARIA: Hello im Iky. I'm a toy artist, graphic art enthusiast. & 3d art lecture from Bandung, Indonesia.

instagram.com/iky.z
instagram.com/digisculpt
facebook.com/ikyoddyworld
twitter.com/oddyverse
iky.bigcartel.com
CONTINUED FEATURES on TOYSREVIL




TOYSREVIL: How did you start? What made you continue?
RIZKY ZAKARIA: Basically, I loved toys in general since childhood. Then I used to work as a 2d artist, but when someone collects the toys that I made, for some reason, I feel twice as happy as working as a 2d artist. So make the toy more fun and very exciting.

TOYSREVIL: How long has it been? How far and for how long do you want to go?
RIZKY ZAKARIA: I could say that I started getting serious in 2019. Of course, I want to be forever because being a toy designer is also happiness for me

MEO ODDY SKETCH by IKY on TOYSREVIL 01
MEO ODDY SKETCH by IKY on TOYSREVIL 02
SKETCHES FOR MEO ODDY
MEO ODDY SKETCH by IKY on TOYSREVIL 03
storage(1)


TOYSREVIL: Who has inspired you? Who inspired you? What inspires you?
RIZKY ZAKARIA: Lots. I'm from the babyboss magazine generation, I know this genre from there. Like Darbotz, Arkiv to the Kidrobot era. But now it's not specific to one person, I admire Mr. KumKum, Rich Sheehan, Bounce, VYNC. *honestly forgot who else :) And actually, I like mecha/Gundam stuff, cats, or weird monsters.



TOYSREVIL: Movies? Anime? Comicbook? Name your poison!
What do you collect? "TOYS" or others? Do they inform you of your ART?

RIZKY ZAKARIA: X-men, Gundam,Megaman, and McFarlane ... I collect randomly from designer toys, Gundam, Mc Farlane toys, and Gashapon. Sometimes collecting this becomes a shape inspiration.

FIRST ODDY SKETCH from IKY on TOYSREVIL 01
FIRST ODDY SKETCH from IKY on TOYSREVIL 02
SKETCHES FOR FIRST ODDY
FIRST ODDY SKETCH from IKY on TOYSREVIL 03


TOYSREVIL: Choose 1 piece of toy art/work that you think people would recognise and remember you for? And why you think it does?
RIZKY ZAKARIA: The first Oddy. When I designed, it was this character that people started to like a lot when compared to previous designs.



TOYSREVIL: What is the favouritest work you have done to date? And why? Show and Share!
RIZKY ZAKARIA: My latest release, The flamesuit oddy! Here I found a painting style and combined it with good resin processing techniques.



TOYSREVIL: What do you do best? What is your greatest strength?
RIZKY ZAKARIA: I'm always worried about being late for anything. I could say I'm a good planner.

TOYSREVIL: What would you hope to be doing better in? What is your kryptonite?
RIZKY ZAKARIA: Not sleeping well and not exercising make me suffer. Ha ha. I'm a morning person, regularly adventuring on my bike and recharge my energy.

2023_0420_17511200
fav spot _)
drawing section
painting area
2023_0420_17511500
storage(2)
2023_0420_17512500


TOYSREVIL: What is your process of creation? Walk us through your art! Is there a time limit?
RIZKY ZAKARIA: I always start by drawing a lot. Make random sketches. If it's good, seriously I'll make it 3d. I consider the time. Because I have to teach at other times, other activities make me disciplined in managing work.
After processing a 3d model, I often test a print to see some actual size.

ODDY SKETCH by IKY
ODDY SKETCH by IKY 1
oddy street_01
oddy street_02
oddy mountwear
oddy street_04
oddy street_03
oddy street_06
oddy street_07
storage


TOYSREVIL: What songs do you listen to, to juice up your creativity? What is the "Soundtrack To Your Art"? Or do you prefer to work in "silence"?
RIZKY ZAKARIA: For this, I am very random and there are no boundaries. But generally it's 2000s music.

TOYSREVIL: What would you now say to the YOU that started all these years ago?
RIZKY ZAKARIA: Hey, don't do a lot of other useless things. Focus on certain jobs only!



We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK