Remembering F51 (TOYSREVIL for STGCC2012)



I am resharing images I'd excavated from my hoard (before I excuse them to the Eternal Dustbin :p), primarily focusing on the exclusive editions of indie toys I'd made available apart of my Singapore Toy, Games and Comic-Con in 2012 (the 2nd time in my life I'd boothed at Comic-Con under the "TOYSREVIL" moniker!

I also just re-realized HUGE bulk of my blog-coverage/features are missing images, no thanks to Flickr when an entire year+'s worth of embedded images were lost in code! CHECK IN TO THIS blog-post instead, cheers.

TOYSREVIL EXCLUSIVES ONE-SHEET:


Seen here is a one-sheet collaged compilation of all the TOYSREVIL-exclusive editions meantt for the TOYSREVIL Booth F51 (I harped unto the booth number quite a bit, as back then there were printed out guidebooks with maps, that you could bring along). The one-sheet was meant to be folded, and given away with each toy purchased at the show, which I'd printed waaaaaay too many of, but do not have the heart to chuck them away ... but I love old catalogs that came with toys, damn the cost LOL!



Besides the printed catalog and media presentation mock-ups, I had also planned for and prepared images to be used as "product designation" and price tags, all in the name of visual clarity, so folks'll not need to be confused and have to ask me for prices :p

I did an Insta-live describing them (watchable HERE on IG), which I have also since uploaded on YouTube:



As it was twelve years ago, now in 2024, my ever gratitude for the folks' support and toy-love:

Paul Shih @hollowthreat
Eric Nocella Diaz @argonautresins
Selina Briggs @thejellyempire
Peter Kato @peterkato
Mark Nagata @maxtoyco

Rich Page @newumetoys
Quiccs @quiccs
Daniel Yu @thedanielyu


SHOWCASING TOYSREVIL EXCLUSIVES FOR MEDIA:


What folks might not have known, was that there was a "media presentation"-styled event dedicated to showcasing the convention booth's offerings, meant specifically for invited media, that had me sorting out a (near) full lineup, which I first mocked-up at home, along with typed instructions on the 4R-sized photo print-outs, sent together to the event organisers to refer to, as I would be unable to set them up myself.

451730918_18444158530021546_1696612912468202808_n
451701893_18444158539021546_7976573816565334716_n


Alas I do not have any visual records of the "final" display at the presentation tho (someone did take a partial snap of the display, probably snapped by mistake lol) … so much planning done, but with no support, everything is just wishful thinking, innit? LOL

The "result" of all the planning can somewhat be seen in this blog-feature, and as well the following video thanks to Teoh Yi Chie of parkablogs.com!




BONUS: Sushi Kaiju Toysrevil Edition from Paul Shih!

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK