bart qee custom: tyson summers

TOYSREVIL: what's the name of your custom?

TYSON SUMMERS: B.S. Attacks! I like this title because it has multiple meanings.


/// READ MORE HERE

TRE: how did the Bart Qee custom gig come about?

TYSON: Kevin Winnik invited me into the gig. Thank's Kevin, and remember if you ever encounter an angry cave bear those 80's survival knifes come in handy!

TRE: a good man, Kevin is :) ... what is your custom concept about and what was your influence?

TYSON: Basically a spoof on the aliens in the movie Mars Attacks. I just wanted to feature something cool on Bart's big head. Initially I thought Frankenstein but I figured that it would be taken and that would suck. Kind of like when a girl goes to prom and another girl's wearing the same dress. So Frankenstein was out and I just kept going back to the big brained aliens in Mars Attacks. This custom is my best to date! I'm very happy with him. Also having an untouched Mars Attacks vinyl kit that I bought 12 years ago didn't hurt.


TRE: dude, im a suckr for Mars Attacks and this rawks, i haveta say! are you a Simpsons-fan?

TYSON: I grew up with the Simpsons and always liked seeing the Itchy and Scratchy segments. My best friend forced many episodes on me once the Simpsons television seasons were released on dvd. It made me crazy and I ended up identifying with the enemy Futurama! I love Futurama!

TRE: do you think Bart is a pain-in-da-ass or is he misunderstood?

TYSON: Both, I know how it is from personal experience.

TRE: if you were a Simpsons-character, who would you wanna be and why?

TYSON: Flanders. I'd start a religious cult by claiming to be the new "Dirty Jesus" and nail all my best looking followers. There will be no science in my cult and the Bush family will all be honorary members when visiting Springfield.

TRE: why do you think the Simpsons-character skin is yellow?

TYSON: Urine Therapy... I can't believe this is real. Google it!

TRE: yikes. LOL - thanks for your time and trouble, and in closing, perhaps you'd like to tell folks, WHO IS TYSON SUMMERS?

It all began when I finished art school and received my first job... That I never wanted to do. I wanted to be an illustrator, but to get a job I had to take a graphic artist position. Completing school is scary especially when the great jobs and pay aren't thrown onto you laps like your led to believe. I took up graphic design for many years. At the same time my heart always led me to creating characters and working them into my designs. With time my illustration skills increased and my true calling became more apparent. I bounced around and learned flash animation to get one step closer to working with characters. As always life steps in and kicks you square in the ass! Thats when then the layoffs began and the big winner 9/11. This sent my creative career to completely non existent. I took on freelance gigs of course, and even a roofing position for a short period of time. Anything to pay bills at that point was doable. These events all led to the creation of my pissed off character Uni and his lovable partner 4-icze! A close friend and I decided to make time to include art in our lives once a week at a local restaurant. During these sessions mark the first time Uni was scribbled on paper as well as 4-icze. Uni's color came from cutting the character out of colored vinyl scraps at one of my infamous sign shop jobs. This is how the signature red eye came about. I made allot of things out of that scrap vinyl. My work to me is not giving up on your dreams, getting pissed and giving jerks the finger. Never give up doing what you love! This is the answer for everything that stands in our way. Uni is a symbol of the little guy rising above and taking what's earned threw hard work and determination. We are not disopsable!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program. This affiliate advertising program also provides a means to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

POPULAR-EST OF TOYSREVIL POSTS FOR THE PAST WEEK